Monday, August 5, 2013

Sharknado!

If you haven't heard of Sharknado yet, Google it, please! It is a horribly horrible 'made for TV' movie that ended up getting more press than it should have (actually it only got press because it was so ridiculous). There were a few midnight screenings over the weekend in select cities for its "followers" so my friends asked me if I wanted to go with them Friday at LA Live. I thought, why not? I did my due diligence on the film and laughed the entire time- sharks flying out of tornadoes? What the hell? Due to its ridiculousness, I felt that I needed a few drinks to help me through the movie, so we pre-gamed at my apartment before heading over to the theater.

Once we arrived, it was total madness! The 'stars' Tara Reid, Ian Ziering and Kevin McCallister's dad from Home Alone were all there posing for the paparazzi and even doing press. I have to admit I was a little bummed that I didn't know about it sooner, or I would have been on that red carpet with my Starpulse microphone asking them how the hell this movie happened! We got our tickets and headed into the theater to discover that the entire back section was reserved for everyone who was involved in the making, distributing and even catering of this movie...and their mothers. There was no way we were going to sit in the front, so we sat in the handicap row and promised the ushers that we would move if anyone who actually needed the seats came in. Well, no one did and because the handicap seats were right in the middle of the theater with plenty of leg room, the 'stars' of the film ended up sitting there too. So here we are, sitting in the same row as Tara Reid, Ian Ziering and Kevin McCallister's dad from Home Alone, ready to see Sharknado. There was even a guy there wearing a shark suit!

The lights dimmed, the crowd cheered, I saw the intro and the next thing I remember were the credits. I slept through the entire film...sitting in the same row as Tara Reid, Ian Ziering and Kevin McCallister's dad from Home Alone. It was probably due to the fact that I had three vodka and grapefruit drinks prior to going out. Apparently every time the crowd burst into laughter, I would turn to my Nabeela and tell her how funny that part was but in reality I didn't see it, I was just trying to act like I did. Never take me to a midnight movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment