Monday, August 4, 2014

A Life Saver Saved My Life

As I have previously explained, a lot of my childhood memories involve food. I remember eating Cabbage Patch Kids cereal at Nana's house, and Atomic Fireball candies at Grampy's house. But there was one incident that involved food, me and Grampy's house that I will never forget. I was maybe about five or six years old when I was snacking on a LifeSavers candy and playing with my older sister, Amber. Mind you, at this point in my life I was a little scared/intimidated by Amber because she used to want to punch me in the nose because it was 'big and ugly' and had previously watched me plummet down a hole in the garage during the building process while she was supposed to be watching me. I still think she may have pushed me....

Anyways, so there I was eating my LifeSavers candy at Grampy's house, most likely playing Lincoln Logs and getting bossed around by Amber, when the little bugger slipped down my throat and got lodged in there. Naturally and due to my intimidation by Amber, I didn't want to tell her because I thought she would get mad at me. And because I was very shy when I was little (I know, right? Erin, shy?) I didn't want to tell my Grampy. So I literally sat there playing Lincoln Logs, blue in the face and breathing through the tiny hole of the LifeSaver that was lodged in my throat until it finally dissolved. To this day I don't think Amber ever knew....well, she does now.


1 comment:

  1. Happened to me too! I didn't say anything either just drank ALOT of water!

    ReplyDelete