Saturday, July 28, 2012

Too Much Sake Is Never Good...


First post on my new blog and I’m more excited than the Team Edward fans from Twilight after hearing Kristen Stewart is a cheater! 
Last night my girlfriends and I went to Happy Hour at Katsuya in Brentwood for “one drink and one fish” as Lynda put it. Cut to 8:00 pm and we have strawberry jalapeño shots, a bottle of sake and vodka sodas lined up in front of us. Compliments of the handsome bartender of course because technically we were only going to pay for “one drink and one fish,” right Lynda? Suddenly, we were the loudest girls at the bar. I think my Scranton girl, Kim, just wanted to get Andy from The Office’s attention (he was dining nearby) to ask him for a picture. That quickly failed when his daughter fell asleep in his arms and he left with his wife. Kim thought it would be a tad bit rude to interrupt his dinner and say, “Hey ‘Andy,’ can my drunk friend, Erin, hold your baby while I put my arm around you and Lynda snaps a pic for my Facebook page? Come on, I’m from Scranton!” Thank God she realized that was not a good idea or we would’ve ended up on TMZ.
So there we are giggling, boozing and putting the cucumbers from our water on our eyes like we were at a spa, when Kim sees her friend, Stephanie. She turned around and called out to her friend, who didn’t respond. “Stephanie!” She yelled again. The girl, who she was staring at, answered, “I’m not Stephanie but people mistake me for someone else at least once a day. Seriously, I get it all the time.” Kim apologized and turned around, embarrassed and red in the face. Five minutes later Lynda turned around, looked at that same girl and said, “Claire?” I almost peed my pants right there in Katsuya. (Note- for those of you who don’t know me, there are three situations in which I am guaranteed to pee my pants: 1) Sledding, 2) Playing Hide-n-Seek and 3) Participating in a three legged race). After drying the tears from my eyes and telling Lynda that I was not going to turn around and call that girl ‘Melody’ in five minutes, we decided to write and produce that situation for You Tube. That idea snowballed into various other ideas for skits and even talks of starting our own production company. Gotta love drunken chatter!
Stay tuned for that video, friends- it will happen and it will happen on ‘Who Else But Erin?’ Sometimes too much sake not only brings you a bad headache in the morning and an apparent fight with your boyfriend, it brings you creative ideas that could become as big as ‘David After Dentist!’ Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment