Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Which Floor, Mr. Voight?

My boyfriend, Anthony, is currently working on a new show for Showtime starring Liev Schreiber and Jon Voight and I couldn't be prouder! I also couldn't be more excited to visit him on set and meet Mr. Voight aka Angelina Jolie's father one day. When I told him that I was more excited to meet Mr. Voight than Liev he was a little surprised and told me that if I did, I couldn't get star struck! Erin, star struck? I used to work at Peet's Coffee on Sunset Blvd. when my regulars were Katie Holmes and Hugh Jackman AND Britney Spears is my eleventh cousin- I can handle my celebrities! Except of course when I was introduced to Malcolm-Jamal Warner aka Theo Huxtable at my old job and oddly I was the most star struck I have ever been! Even more so than when I met Ryan Gosling! Maybe it was because I grew up watching The Cosby Show or maybe because there was an actual introduction that took place with a handshake and a "Erin, this is Malcolm, Malcolm, this is Erin." Whatever it was, it was one of the best moments in my life- strange, I know. Anyways, back to Mr. Voight.

Last month after my company holiday party, I took a cab downtown to Anthony's, pretty drunk from the night's festivities. He was at the vodka bar below his apartment (I scored a dream man, huh?) and told me that I should meet him there for a drink before going upstairs. Feeling a bit too tipsy for public, I turned him down and told him that I should go to bed. As I stepped out of the cab, Anthony walked out of the bar to meet me and make sure I made it to his apartment OK. Sweet man, right? Sweet until a Lexus pulled up to the sidewalk carrying who Anthony claimed was Jon Voight. I looked at him like he was crazy! Why would Jon Voight be going to a vodka bar downtown? That was too ironic for my drunk ass and I told him to have fun with "Jon Voight" who was in my mind probably an old geezer who resembled him a bit and I got into the elevator as Anthony went outside.


Turns out, it was Jon Voight and he was actually going to the penthouse in Anthony's building for a party. Anthony rode the elevator with him (I could have been in that elevator too), told him he was working on his new show, and became buddies with him. I cannot tell you how pissed I was when he told me this the next morning. Moral of the story? When your boyfriend tells you he sees Jon Voight- believe him!

No comments:

Post a Comment