Sunday, June 2, 2013

Mouse On The Move



The other day while I was driving, a huge moth flew in through the window scaring the crap out of me. It flew under my seat and stayed there the entire ride to work, making me feel uneasy that at any moment, it would fly up and surprise me. A few days after it entered my car, it emerged again in my backseat, flopping around, trying to get out. I haven’t seen it since that day and I am hoping it died- sorry little moth. That occurrence reminded me of an incident I had while in college. One that I will never forget.

I was driving home from class one day in my Plymouth Laser when I saw something out of the corner of my eye move. I looked over quickly and saw a little mouse scurry under the passenger seat. I screamed, slammed on the brakes and pulled over. Luckily I didn’t get so freaked out that I crashed my car. I jumped out of my car, left my door open and just paced back in forth for about ten minutes, grossed out and trying to think of something to do. I think I even tried to coax the little guy out by talking to him, as if that would actually work. Finally, after realizing that he was most likely as scared as I was, I decided to gun it to my apartment, which was only a few blocks away anyways. But it’s not like I could drive like everything was normal within the confines of my Laser, I drove like the floor was made of lava and there was no back to my driver’s seat. 

I pulled into my parking garage and asked the security guard to come help me get a mouse out of my car. He looked at me like I was crazy, grabbed a flashlight and followed me outside. He explained to me that mice can easily squeeze their little bodies into the engines of cars and into the interior and that he was probably already gone. I didn’t trust him so I made him look under the passenger side seat where I spotted him. All he found was a chewed up Starburst. That little bastard, he broke into my car and ate my candy? For the next month, I still drove like he was in the car with me and think I even pulled my legs up and sat Indian style at every stoplight.

No comments:

Post a Comment