Thursday, January 16, 2014

Extreme Diets Make For An Extreme Mess

You can ask my friend Alicia, if there was a diet trend, we did it. Neither of us even needed to loose weight yet we were constantly on the heels of the newest diet trend that could make us 'skinny.' We tried the Atkins diet, the South Beach Diet, cutting out dairy, cutting out meat, cutting out food in general. We ate only baby food for a few days straight, did a cleanse that consisted of water, lemon juice, maple syrup and cayenne pepper (it tasted like pond water) and even tried the Alli pill. If anyone has ever tried the diet pill, I am terribly sorry that you had to go through what I went through and if you haven't tried it- don't...EVER!
This may make you look at me differently, but I don't care. Al Roker once pooped his pants while reporting live on TV at the White House and we still look forward to hearing his weather report every morning. Besides, I didn't exactly do what Al did...but it was close. When you take the Alli pill, it supposedly blocks the intestines from absorbing some of the fat that you ingest in your food. It sounds great until you go to the bathroom and see what looks like bright orange pizza grease staring back up at you. Disgusting. And its not only nasty looking but its kind of like you took a laxative and you can't help when or where it wants to come out. Disgusted yet? Yeah, so am I just thinking back on it. Let's just say that one morning I woke up and had to throw my sheets away. Immediately after, I threw those pills away. That's all I will say about that. Thank goodness I have smartened up and realized that the only thing that keeps you skinny is eating healthy and working out...and laxatives- just kidding! Never again. Never again!

No comments:

Post a Comment