Monday, July 7, 2014

Baby Bye Bye Bye

When I was in college, I was obsessed with 'NSYNC, like obsessed. I bought every CD that was put out, dreamed about marrying Justin Timberlake and still hung posters on my bedroom wall. It was like I was living my New Kids on the Block days all over again but this time I wasn't 10 years old. To my defense, my little sister Grace was also obsessed with 'NSYNC so I felt that I had to support her and her love for them by loving them myself. She needed a good boy band influence in her life. (I still feel bad forcing her to like Danny Woods back in the New Kids on the Block days and then obsessively teasing her for liking Danny Woods).
If being a good big sister and boy band supporter wasn't enough, I had to join the fan club to show them my love, right? So here I was, in college, and signing up for the 'NSYNC fan club. Can you say loser? To put the icing on the cake, Grace and I would learn all their dances and make our mom video tape our performances and submit them to the fan club. (Did I already say I was a big loser?) My summers home from college (when I wasn't working at the hot dog stand) would consist of learning 'NSYNC dances by watching all of their performances with Grace and then performing them for our video camera. Last Christmas when I was home, my mom thought it would be funny to dig out that old video and show it to my family and my brother-in-law's entire family. During this specific video (which I will never reveal to you or my future husband thank you very much) Grace (JC) and I (Justin) danced to 'Bye Bye Bye' alongside three cardboard cutouts of Lance, Joey and Chris. Yup, we pasted their faces on cardboard and dressed them up......again, did I mention the word Loser??

No comments:

Post a Comment