Friday, May 17, 2013

My Nail Rant...

Here it goes, my over-the-top nail rant:

Thanks to my friend Mary, who told me I should be a hand model, I have been overly conscious about my nails lately while I am trying to build my hand modeling portfolio. No joke- I have convinced my boyfriend that once he buys a nice camera, he is going to help me take all the pictures for the portfolio, you know- me holding a coffee cup, playing on the iPad, gently clutching keys to a Ferrari and holding a wad of cash- the typical posters you see in the nail salon! I am going to be JP Prewitt from Zoolander. I have always been good about doing my nails, keeping them well polished and making sure if I get any smudges or chips I re-do them immediately. But there a few things that no matter how hard I try, I cannot avoid!
  • I always seem to do my nails simultaneously while doing laundry. I'm not sure why I think it is a good idea but I end up either having to mess up my nails when I switch my clothes from the wash to the dryer, or keeping my wet clothes in the washing machine too long while I allow my nails to dry that I have to re-wash them because they smell like mildew.

  • Even if my nails are 100% dry because I painted them 2 hours ago, I still walk around, not touching anything because I am convinced they are still wet.

  • No matter how hard I try to not touch anything during the painting process, I still manage to get that one tiny hair that came out of the cotton ball I used to remove the previous paint stuck in my nail polish and magically it dries quicker than the speed of light so I have to redo the entire nail.

  • It is inevitable that if paint my nails on Monday, by Tuesday I will have at least one chip in my nail which I will try to fix but end up getting annoyed and repainting all my nails with a new color. And don't even get me started on the French manicure- those babies chip while I am screwing the top back on the nail polish bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment