Thursday, May 30, 2013

My Marilyn Moment

Have you ever had one of those moments that is so mortifying yet hilarious at the same time, that you just don’t know what to do? I had one of those yesterday- my Marilyn moment.  Anytime I wear a dress or skirt to work, I am weary of the wind and make sure if I step outside on my lunch break, I hold my skirt close so it doesn’t blow up and expose my skivvies….

Yesterday, I was walking out of the building to my car at 4:00 pm, after the workday was over. I was in front of an older gentleman in a suit and tie, whom I rode the elevator down with. He was a few steps behind me, so when I got to the door leading outside, I held it graciously, waiting for him to catch up. Just as he reached the door and thanked me for holding it, a huge gust of wind blew my dress up and I could feel the breeze blowing on my legs and butt. I scurried to release the door and hold down my dress but it was too late, I was already exposed. I glanced at the man behind me, laughed to myself and told him “you’re welcome” for holding the door (acting like he didn’t just see my butt). What I wanted to say was, “you’re welcome for the show!” Whoopsie Daisy…


No comments:

Post a Comment