Wednesday, May 7, 2014

First Impressions

You know how they say that first impressions last forever? Thank goodness that quote wasn't true in my case when I met Anthony's sister Sarah for the first time. It is highly likely that she probably doesn't even remember this incident but it is stuck in my brain for sure! When we  first starting hanging out, Anthony invited me to go to The Edison downtown for Sarah's birthday party. Of course I was a little nervous meeting his only sister but I figured that I could handle it, right? It was a chilly night but I didn't want to wear a coat, so I wore a cute long sleeve shirt with a fur vest over it. I was heading downtown alone and meeting them inside so I was already nervous when I pulled up to the valet. I underestimated the size of this club as it was literally the biggest, most overwhelming place I had been to in a while. And of course it was so dark and loud that I figured my chances of finding Anthony were slim to none. After what felt like an hour of roaming around the club, I began to sweat my ass off because of that damn fur vest and all the body heat coming off the millions of people inside. Great, now I had pit stains.....
I eventually got a hold of  Anthony on his cell phone and he tried to direct me to their table. When I finally found the group, I was surprised to see that Anthony's mom was also there...ACK! This was my first time meeting her too and I'm pretty sure I looked like a sweaty bear at this point. He introduced me to his sister, Sarah and his mom, Sylvia and left me for about 10 minutes while he went to the restroom. I attempted to small talk with them over the loud music when Sarah asked me if I would watch her drink at the table while she went to the bathroom. Sure, no problem, we seemed to be getting along great so far- this was a piece of cake! I swear I took my eye of that damn drink for one second when the waitress rushed over to our table, picked it up thinking it was empty and threw it in the trash. Oh my gosh, Sarah was going to kill me! I might as well leave right now. As I was planning my escape route and sweating even more profusely now, Sarah came back to the table and asked where her drink was. Shit, shit...I tried to explain to her that the waitress was a doppelganger for Flash Gordon and took it off the table right under my nose and as she listened, I was convinced that she hated me. Thank goodness Anthony came back just in time and when I told him what had happened, he laughed. He must have had good things to say about me after that and convinced his sister that I wasn't a spacey, irresponsible, sweaty beast because her and I are as close as ever now! Phew- I dodged that bullet...

No comments:

Post a Comment